The rich taste of rooibos and a sweet dash of honey makes this whiskey sour go down smooth.
Recipe by: TENZIN SAMDO
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: None
- 1 Tea Forté African Solstice tea pyramid infuser, or 1 tsp loose tea
- 60ml American bourbon whiskey
- 175ml water
- 12 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- 1 whole nutmeg (or ground nutmeg)
- For the Honey Tea Syrup: In a mug, steep one pyramid infuser or 1 tsp loose tea in 175ml of near-boiling water for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the infuser (or loose tea leaves), add honey and stir until completely dissolved.
- For the cocktail: Pour whiskey, lemon, egg white, and 2 tablespoons of the honey tea syrup into a Boston shaker and add enough ice to fill the shaker three-quarters full.
- Cap and shake hard for 15 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail coupe glass.
- Grate fresh nutmeg on top of the foam, or sprinkle with ground nutmeg.
Yields: 1 cocktail